This is my year post… there may be many like it, but this one is mine =]
When one year comes to an end and another begins you start thinking about what you have done that year and what you plan to in the one to come, almost like my ‘10 things to do before I turn 30‘ bucket list.
So in 2012 I have:
- Moved back in with parents so I can save to buy instead of renting (Thanks Mum, Dad and little sister Charlie)
- Started a new job
- Turned 28 … great a year and a half till 30! Better get moving on that bucket list!
- Went to my first ever Stag weekend (yeh 28 and had never been to one sue me)
- Went on proper week long holiday for the first time since 2009
- Unfortunately I also:
- Had my car terminally break down coming off the M56, wouldn’t advise anyone to do that
In 2013 I will:
- Buy a house … very soon I hope
- Buy a newer, much more reliable and Ness friendly car (no more old Fiesta’s)
- Do more fun and varied freelance projects
- Get fit and accomplish some sort of event, maybe even for a charity
- Attend not one but three weddings (that I know of so far)
- Finish off the pet design projects I have on my list
Looking forward to what is to come in 2013, happy new year everyone!
Spent another evening trying to hit a target with a bow and arrow, this time a slightly further target at 20 feet but a better bow. This week it was the turn of the recurve bow which we first had to learn to put together ourselves before loosing arrows. We will be using these bows for the rest of the course (or at least the next few weeks), so next week I get to use bow no 23 again, which should be easy to remember as its one of my lucky numbers…lets hope its a luckier bow than it is a lottery ball number!
Early during the first hour one of the instructors explained how to score the targets, at that point me a Charlie started some brother/sister rivalry and started keeping count during each round. It actually worked out pretty evenly although I think she may have been slightly in the lead (although if you talk to her she will tell you I won, nice that both of us are so modest).
So Robin Hood I’m not but its only the second week of doing it, theres only been 4 hours so far and practice makes perfect. The recurve shot much nicer than the bare bow, which you would expect as even though they are basic Olympic style bows they are still much better than the training bows last week and even came with a sight. I learnt that I need to pull the arrow back using my back muscles instead of my shoulder which will bring about a smoother more consistent draw and so shot and that when I get it right I can get some pretty good hits on the target.
Next week will start properly scoring, which should be interesting especially as some of the others are getting some good, consistent groupings.
Its Friday 13th, which means today is one of those days where the more superstitious amongst us will be extra careful when walking near ladders, not crossing the path of cats no matter the colour and making sure not to smash any reflective surfaces.
To the rest of us its Friday, welcome to the weekend!
There is also one week left until the release of one of the most anticipated movies of the year, the third and final installment of the Batman Begins trilogy. Eagerly awaited since the closing closing scenes of the last film, The Dark Knight, this years follow up The Dark Knight Rises will be an end of the saga with Director Christopher Nolan and current man behind the cowl Christian Bale stepping aside.
My current Mac desktop is one of the imaginative Bat signal posters based on the early teaser trailer.